Wednesday, October 7, 2009

an object in motion will stay in motion until acted upon by another force







I tested the existence of gravity today. I am not sure if I thought it may not exist this particular morning or perhaps I was questioning Newton. For every reaction there is an equal and opposite reaction. It just happen to react on my face today. I was taking a shower, reached for my towel, slipped, smacked my face on the counter, toppled over, and blacked out temporarily. I called for Michelle too scared to look at the towel I had covering my face. I laid naked on the bathroom floor drenched in blood praying to God that my face was still in one piece. Two seconds later Jamie and Sky came running to my rescue too. I was given water, aspirin, not so successfully reassuring smiles, and a lot of love. The girls held me up and dressed me in my jacket and pants. I am a bit fuzzy on the details, but the next thing I knew I was on the couch with 11 pairs of eyes in my face and a lot of " oooo" "does it hurt?" "geeze that looks nasty" hahaha great! So I needed to get stitches. I called my mom. I tried not to cry and even managed an awkward laugh over the phone. Gosh my poor mom being woken up at 5:30 in the morning to a daughter who apparently cannot hold here ground in the shower. She was a good sport and went about her motherly business to send my my insurance card copy! OOO technology. Jamie was a sweet heart and called the dentist that I am currently interning at. I hope they missed me today...cuz for sure would have rather been looking in other people's mouths than going to the ER to get my face put back together. I think at one point I remember seeing Noah crushing the with a rolling pin. Beating the counter. haha instant karma for that counter top! YES! So Ben drove me to the ER with Michelle my little piece of home holding my hand on the back seat. The ER was thankfully empty ( I knocked on wood) and I was rushed right through. It was kinda funny that most of the attending staff knew who we were. The paper had just ran an article about our cause and I guess word travels fast. Back in the operating room I was getting nervous, but Ben and Michelle kept the conversation light and I just sat back and relaxed. The Doctor that stitched me up was a pro and a trooper. Michelle had the camera over my head for part of the time while I had her hand for the rest. Ben quickly grabbed a pair of gloves and assisted with the procedure. At one point the antiseptic wore off or there was not enough and every new stitch was a bit painful. Only till both Michelle and Ben peer pressured me to get another round of drugs did I finally allow the doctor to numb me up some more.....brave?? maybe. I left the ER with a lot of bandages, free antibiotics, and a smile. This whole thing could have been a lot worse and I was grateful for the amazing staff and all the kind words offered. On my way out the insurance office the lady informed me of three different ways I could go about suing for money for the injury I had been caused. HOW ABOUT IT WAS AN ACCIDENT AND MAYBE YOU ARE THE REASON DOCTORS ARE AFRAID TO DO NICE THINGS! this whole day spawned a huge discussion about health care and how universal health care will not work, and yadda yadda yadda I am going to leave that discussion for another more intense blog...this is about my face and how I look like I was in a gnarly fight and potentially lost and how I might have to now turn my man priorities so that I can find a guy willing to love a scared deformed face. I hope he likes teeth cuz i have great teeth-very white-very natural. well I took a cocktail of meds (really I filled a wine glass full of meds) and I passed out last night. Oh the positive side of being the person doing the medical inventory...you know what box all the cool meds are in!! So i am alive, a bit disfigured (and now the new house Albanian girl...for those who know flight of the Concords) but alive.....stay tuned to see if I trip and fall!! (knock on wood)




gehrochen und erneuert








ps that same day I was in the market and more than one person asked if I was drunk....florida has some issues i think.

No comments:

Post a Comment